Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Brace Yourself

According to Storm Track, Hurricane Rita is now a category 5, with an extremely healthy core capable of supporting an incredible wind field.

Reuters reports that Rita is not expected to flood New Orleans. Although, CBC quotes Dave Wurtzel, who is part of the corp for repairing the 17th Street Canal levee, “The protection is very tenuous at best.”

Stocks drop in the US and London, warnings that crude oil production could be a “national disaster”, Mission Control shuts down and the Hurricane Center may run out of names.

Not to be all doom and gloom, but I am also keeping on eye on the fact that Vancouver Island is moving westward:
“We think that it's one of these events that will trigger the big mega-thrust earthquake,” seismologist John Cassidy of the Pacific Geoscience Centre in Sidney, B.C., said yesterday.
The island is in The Ring of Fire. So these signs could be alerts to future activity:
The edges of the giant Pacific plate, which lies beneath the Pacific Ocean, form a particularly intense ring of tectonic activity, known as the “ring of fire.” This activity causes frequent earthquakes along the west coast of North America and in Chile, Alaska and Japan, and is also responsible for volcanic eruptions in the northwest United States, the Andes Mountains, and the Philippines.
It as if the earth is sick and tired of our ignorance:
Consider Galloway's statement in response to Hurricane Katrina and its aftermath:

“The scenes from the stricken city almost defy belief. Many, many thousands of people left to die in what is the richest, most powerful country on Earth. This obscenity is as far from a natural disaster as George Bush and the U.S. elite are from the suffering masses of New Orleans. The images of Bush luxuriating at his ranch and of his secretary of state shopping for $7,000 shoes while disaster swamped the U.S. Gulf Coast will haunt this administration.

In the most terrible way imaginable they show to the whole world that it is not only the lives of people in Baghdad, Fallujah and Palestine that Bush holds cheap. It is also his own citizens - the black and poor people left behind with no food, water or shelter. This is not simply manslaughter through incompetence, though the White House's incompetence abounds. It is murder - for Bush was warned four years ago of the threat to New Orleans, as surely as he was warned of the disaster that would come of his war on Iraq...

His is the America of Halliburton, the M-16 rifle, the cluster bomb, the gated communities of the rich and of the billionaires he grew up with in Texas. There is another America. It is the land of the poor of Louisiana, it is the land of the young men and women economically conscripted into the military. It is the land of the glorious multiethnic mix that was New Orleans, it is the land of Malcolm X, Martin Luther King and of great struggles for justice.”
But, there are pink bunnies on mountaintops.

Technorati Tags:

25 Comments:

Blogger julia said...

this seems like it would be a very interesting blog to keep up with. Please come visit my site syracuse New York business directory when you got time.

12:50 AM  
Blogger julia said...

I can see that you are putting a lot of time and effort into your blog and detailed articles! I am deeply in love with every single piece of information you post here. Will be back often to read more updates! Please come visit my site Alexandria Virginia yellow pages when you got time.

12:51 AM  
Blogger Maical clark said...

I'm glad you're back to posting. I love reading about your shopping adventures and great finds. Your outfits are always super cute too! Very inspirational. Please come visit my site Convenience Stores when you got time.

8:57 AM  
Blogger Maical clark said...

I love the style, i have several similar one, i usually wear them to work or shopping. Please come visit my site Physicians Clinic and give me any valuable feedbacks.

8:58 AM  
Blogger products said...

China Wholesale has been described as the world’s factory. This phenomenom is typified by the rise ofbusiness. Incredible range of products available with China Wholesalers “Low Price and High Quality” not only reaches directly to their target clients worldwide but also ensures that wholesale from china from China means margins you cannot find elsewhere and buy products wholesaleChina Wholesale will skyroket your profits.

7:08 PM  
Blogger products said...

Women’s nike tn Shox Rivalry est le modèle féminin le plus tendance de baskets pour le sport. tn chaussuresConcernant la semelle :Cheap Brand Jeans Shop - True Religion Jeans nike shoes & Puma Shoes Online- tn nike, le caoutchouc extérieur, l’EVA intermédiaire et le textile intérieur s’associent pour attribuer à la.ed hardy shirts pretty fitCharlestoncheap columbia jackets. turned a pair of double plays to do the trick.Lacoste Polo Shirts, , Burberry Polo Shirts.wholesale Lacoste polo shirts and cheap polo shirtswith great price.Thank you so much!!cheap polo shirts men'ssweate,gillette mach3 razor bladesfor men.As for

7:08 PM  
Blogger julia said...

Wow, loving the two photos you posted. You got potential. Please come visit my site women's fitness center when you got time.

2:43 AM  
Blogger julia said...

I forgot about those! Maybe they look good w/ the right outfit? I didn't like skinny jeans when I first saw them. lol. Please come visit my site mortgage brokers when you got time.

2:43 AM  
Blogger freeforlife said...

I am deeply in love with every single piece of information you post here. Will be back often to read more updates! Please come visit my site homegrown when you got time.

9:32 PM  
Blogger rr8004 said...

As a Newbie, I am always searching online for information that can help me. Thank you. Please come visit my site Raleigh Business Directory when you got time.

3:30 AM  
Blogger rr8004 said...

As a Newbie, I am always searching online for information that can help me. Thank you. Please come visit my site Local Business Directory Of Raleigh U.S.A. when you got time.

3:30 AM  
Blogger rr8004 said...

Oh Pat, you’ve got friends! Don’t give me that. Your blog looks great and has good info. You can be friends with me. Please come visit my site Las Vegas Business Phone Listing when you got time. Thanks.

1:58 AM  
Blogger rr8004 said...

Oh Pat, you’ve got friends! Don’t give me that. Your blog looks great and has good info. You can be friends with me. Please come visit my site Nevada NV Phone Directory when you got time. Thanks.

1:58 AM  
Blogger rr8004 said...

Hello, What enticed you to post this article. It was extremely interesting, especially since I was searching for info on this subject last Thursday. Please come visit my site El Paso Business Directory Forum Blog Classifieds when you got time.

11:20 PM  
Blogger rr8004 said...

Hello, What enticed you to post this article. It was extremely interesting, especially since I was searching for info on this subject last Thursday. Please come visit my site El Paso Web Link when you got time.

11:21 PM  
Blogger rr8004 said...

You may have not intended to do so, but I think you have managed to express the state of mind that a lot of people are in. The sense of wanting to help, but not knowing how or where, is something a lot of us are going through. Please come visit my site Texas TX Phone Directory when you got time.

8:08 PM  
Blogger rr8004 said...

You may have not intended to do so, but I think you have managed to express the state of mind that a lot of people are in. The sense of wanting to help, but not knowing how or where, is something a lot of us are going through. Please come visit my site City Guide San Antonio when you got time.

8:08 PM  
Blogger rr8004 said...

I'm glad you're back to posting. I love reading about your shopping adventures and great finds. Your outfits are always super cute too! Very inspirational. Please come visit my site Local Business Directory Of Charlotte U.S.A. when you got time.

10:59 PM  
Blogger rr8004 said...

I'm glad you're back to posting. I love reading about your shopping adventures and great finds. Your outfits are always super cute too! Very inspirational. Please come visit my site Charlotte Phone Numbers when you got time.

10:59 PM  
Blogger rr8004 said...

Hello, What enticed you to post this article. It was extremely interesting, especially since I was searching for info on this subject last Thursday. Please come visit my site Directory Fortworth City when you got time.

9:55 PM  
Blogger rr8004 said...

Hello, What enticed you to post this article. It was extremely interesting, especially since I was searching for info on this subject last Thursday. Please come visit my site Texas TX Phone Directory when you got time.

9:56 PM  
Blogger rr8004 said...

What a facinating article. I’m looking for a marketing expert to help with a project, could you help? Please come visit my site Phoenix City Directory when you got time.

8:37 PM  
Blogger rr8004 said...

What a facinating article. I’m looking for a marketing expert to help with a project, could you help? Please come visit my site Phone Directory Of Phoenix City Arizona AZ State when you got time.

8:37 PM  
Blogger WANG said...

nike running shoes
The Power Balance bracelet is made of pure surgical grade silicone that is extremely durable. Its stretch feature optimizes users' comfort level. It comes equipped with two, visible power balance holograms and this sporty and stylish bracelet goes with everything.

Specification:

Silicone Power Balance Wristband Bracelet
The band made of 100% silicone rubber
With 2 visible hologram disks for balance power,waterproof.

12:03 AM  
Blogger Internetcopywritingtutorial said...

Good writing. Keep up the good work. I just added your RSS feed my Google News Reader..

chrysler parts

3:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home